What is the 80/20 Rule?
What is the 80/20 Rule for Social Media?
What is the 80/20 rule and how does it apply to your firm’s content marketing efforts?
The 80/20 rule is: 80% of your law firm’s social media posts should be useful to your target audience and 20% should explicitly promote your law firm.
For example, 80% of your posts should focus on solving problems your audience has, using your expertise to inform them on relevant legal issues, and entertaining them. This leaves 20% of your posts to make calls to action, invite them to follow your account, or tell them about why you are the right choice to handle a potential legal case.
Remember: Social Media is a Conversation
Think about your interactions with your target on social media as being an ongoing conversation. Chances are you don’t like having conversations with people who only talk about themselves; your followers on social media are no different. Make sure not to dominate the conversation with self-promotion and sales pitches.