Reviews: Now vs. Then
Reviews: Now vs. Then for Law Firms
Reviews have always been important for law firms, but they are more important than ever before in the digital age. Potential clients are increasingly reading online reviews to get a sense of a law firm’s reputation before they hire them.
In the past, reviews were mostly word-of-mouth or written in legal directories. Today, there are a number of different platforms where clients can leave reviews, including Google, Yelp, and Avvo. This makes it easier for potential clients to find and read reviews, and it also makes it more important for law firms to manage their online reputation.
How Reviews Have Changed
There are a few key ways that reviews have changed for law firms in recent years:
- More people are leaving reviews. The rise of online review platforms has made it easier for people to leave reviews than ever before. This means that law firms are more likely to have a significant number of reviews, both positive and negative.
- Reviews are more visible. Online reviews are often the first thing that potential clients see when they search for a law firm. This means that reviews can have a big impact on a law firm’s ability to attract new clients.
- Reviews are more detailed. In the past, reviews were often brief and to the point. Today, clients are more likely to leave detailed reviews that share their specific experiences with a law firm. This can be helpful for potential clients, but it also means that law firms need to be more careful about managing their online reputation.
How Law Firms Can Manage Their Reviews
Law firms can manage their reviews in a number of ways, including:
- Encouraging satisfied clients to leave reviews. This can be done by sending out follow-up emails after cases are resolved or by asking clients to leave reviews in person.
- Responding to negative reviews. It is important to respond to negative reviews in a timely and professional manner. This shows potential clients that you are committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Monitoring your online reputation. Law firms should regularly monitor their online reviews and social media presence to identify any potential problems.
Reviews are more important than ever before for law firms. Law firms can manage their reviews by encouraging satisfied clients to leave reviews, responding to negative reviews, and monitoring their online reputation.
Additional tips for law firms
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for clients to come to you with reviews. Reach out to them and ask them to leave reviews if they are satisfied with your services.
- Make it easy for clients to leave reviews. Include links to your online review profiles on your website and in your email signature. You can also make it easy for clients to leave reviews by providing them with a QR code that they can scan with their smartphones.
- Use reviews to improve your services. Pay attention to the feedback that clients leave in their reviews and use it to identify areas where you can improve your services.