Basic Design Tips
Basic Design Tips for Your Law Firm’s Website
Whether you pay someone to design your website or decide to hop into WordPress on your own, keep the following tips in mind:
- Clean and Professional Design: Law firm websites should portray professionalism. Opt for a clean design with a balanced use of whitespace, and avoid cluttering your pages.
- Clear Branding: Make sure the firm’s logo and name are prominently displayed. Stick to a consistent color scheme that aligns with the firm’s branding.
- Easy Navigation: Ensure that your website’s main menu is intuitive. Common sections might include: Practice Areas, Attorneys, Case Results, Testimonials, and Contact.
- Mobile-Optimized: A significant number of users will access your site via mobile devices. Ensure your website is responsive and looks great on both desktop and mobile.
- Compelling Imagery: Use high-quality, professional photos of the attorneys and the office. Avoid generic stock images as much as possible; authenticity can help build trust.
- Engaging Content: Content should be clear and concise. Whether it’s about the firm, practice areas, or attorney bios, it should provide value and insight to potential clients.
- Calls to Action (CTA): Every page should have a clear CTA, whether it’s to schedule a consultation, read case studies, or sign up for a newsletter.
- Contact Information: Your phone number and contact form should be easily accessible, preferably on every page. Consider adding a live chat feature for immediate assistance.
- Trust Signals: Showcase awards, certifications, associations, and testimonials. These elements help instill trust in potential clients.
- Fast Loading Speed: A slow website can deter potential clients. Ensure your site loads quickly by optimizing images, utilizing content delivery networks, and other technical best practices.
- Video Content: Consider incorporating video introductions of attorneys or explanatory videos about your practice areas. Video can be a more engaging medium for some visitors.
Remember, while aesthetics are important, the primary purpose of a law firm’s website is to instill trust, establish authority, and facilitate easy communication with potential clients. Always keep the user experience in mind, and regularly gather feedback to make improvements.
Website design is not for everyone; there is no shame in hiring a professional to get your site off the ground. The one-time cost of hiring a professional designer or digital marketing service to design a site on WordPress will allow you to hit the ground running on a user-friendly platform that best serves you and your clients.