While there are countless ways to break down complex information for clients, numbered lists are a proven web content structure that can help your clients better understand the complexities of the law. By their very nature, lists help to organize and present information in an easily digestible format. This is valuable for both potential clients who are looking for specific answers to their legal questions and for search engines that are indexing your site for relevant keywords.
Benefits of Numbered Lists (A Numbered List)
Numbered lists often include little introductions like this one. Benefits of adding numbered lists to your firm’s content include the following:
- Numbered lists help to break down complex topics into manageable chunks of information.
- The use of numbering emphasizes the most important points in each section, making it easier for readers to scan the content and identify what they’re looking for.
- Numbered lists make it easy to reference specific information later on, both for readers and for search engines.
- The visual format of numbered list articles makes them more engaging and visually appealing than traditional prose-based articles. This can help increase the amount of time that potential clients engage with your website.
- In addition to their use for a standalone blog post or article, numbered lists can also be incorporated into pages on your firm’s website and can help break up the monotony of large chunks of texts (as is true in this example).
Getting The Most Out Of Your Lists (Another Numbered List)
Depending on the topic and target audience, you may choose to include content on your law firm’s site that features headers and short explanations that further elaborate on the header. For example, here are a few tips to help your firm get the most out of your numbered list content:
- Keep your lists short and sweet.
While it may be tempting to include a lot of information in your lists, shorter ones are more likely to be read and membered. So, focus on including only the most important points.
- Use scannable language.
Your readers will likely skim through your lists rather than read them word for word. Heck, this could be what you are doing right now! As such, it’s important to use language that is easy to scan. That means using short sentences and an active voice.
- Highlight keywords and phrases.
Another way to make your lists more scannable is to highlight keywords and phrases by bolding or italicizing them (as featured in the list above). This will help you, readers, quickly identify the most important information in each item on your list.
- Use images and visuals sparingly.
While visuals can be helpful in breaking up text and making information more digestible, too many images can actually make your lists harder to read. So, use them sparingly and only when they genuinely add something to what you’re trying to say.
- Structure your list logically.
Finally, make sure to structure your list in a logical way. Think about what items you should include first and last so that information flows in a way that makes sense for your readers.
Numbered lists are an excellent way to drive organic traffic to your law firm’s website. They help to break up longer blog posts and make them more visually appealing and easier for readers to navigate. By working with an SEO specialist to target keywords and backlink, you can maximize the results you get from your numbered list web content.